When You Wish Upon a Star – A New Performance Website !
When I was in college, one of my favorite places to go (to get away from my theoretical math classes) was the city art museum. I would leave my dorm really early in the morning — it must have actually been about 11AM — walk over the bridge, through many deserted city blocks and then over to the museum, grabbing a hot pretzel along the way. The journey seemed to take forever, much of it through an urban wasteland.
One of my dreams during this time involved a shortcut of sorts. In this dream, I would leave campus, cross the bridge and immediately take a short stroll along the river over to the museum. And it certainly was a dream – as the area where this supposed trail would be consisted of old train tracks, trash, brush, debris, waste, refuse, rubbish, litter, scrap, flotsam and jetsam, rubble and detritus.
Many years later, I returned to my alma mater. And found myself crossing the bridge once again to go to my favorite museum. But this time as I approached the end of the bridge I suddenly saw a stairway the went down to the river. And I took it. And lo and behold, there it was — the path of my dreams, a bike and hike paved trail that followed along the river, directly to my beloved art museum.
These amazing things don’t happen very often but when they do you can’t really believe it. And that’s what I’ve been thinking about a new awesome website from IBM.
For many years, as some of you know, I worked on industry standard benchmarks, writing articles about IBM and other results and highlighting comparisons. First it was in a newsletter, then an internal company website, then this blog — but I always dreamed that there would be a one-stop shop for everyone to go to see all the new and exciting benchmark results. And now we have it.
You can now find detailed IBM Power Systems performance data proof points. This brand new website contains test results for several different IT area workloads:
• Big Data and Analytics: Showing faster time-to-value of big data. Discover how hadoop innovation can deliver faster, more affordable business insights
• Technical Computing: See how IBM Power Systems solutions deliver faster time to insight and offer accelerated performance for demanding HPC workloads
• Cloud: Find how to run swiftly and smoothly on a high performing global infrastructure. Deploy global cloud infrastructures rapidly on virtual servers
• Virtualization: See how new virtualization technology makes deploying applications easier
• Online Transactional Processing and Enterprise Resource Planning: IBM and SAP industry-leading performance across multiple workloads.
Sometimes dreams do come true.
The postings on this site solely reflect the personal views of the author and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of IBM or IBM management.